Welcome to Forest Lake Area Schools Nutrition Services!
As students transition back to their school buildings for in-person learning or hybrid learning, breakfast and lunch will be offered everyday free to all students when Forest Lake Area Schools are in session. All breakfast and lunch menus can be found on the food and nutrition website.
During this transition process, the food and nutrition department understands students will not be in the building everyday due to the transition of moving into a hybrid schedule or continuing with the distance learning schedule. To help ease with food insecurity during these different learning model changes, curbside meals will continue to stay open. Please look over the curbside meal information carefully as dates, times, and curbside locations have changed.
Curbside Pickup Process:
- Pick Up Time: 9:30 AM-10:30 AM
- When: Every Tuesday & Thursday
- Columbus Elementary- 17345 Notre Dame Street Forest Lake, MN 55025 (Door #1)
- Forest Lake Elementary-408 SW 4th Street, Forest Lake, MN 55025 (Door #1)
- Wyoming Elementary- 25701 Forest Boulevard N, Wyoming MN 55092 (Door #1)
- Forest Lake Sr. High- 6101 Scandia Trail North, Forest Lake, MN 55025 (Front Door)
How it works:
- Pickup meal bundles at the listed designated locations.
- All meal bundles will include 2 or 3 days worth of breakfast and lunches.
- All meals can be stored in your refrigerator/freezer to heat up at home.
- Heating instructions for all meals can be found on the menus on the nutrition website.
Can’t Get to the Forest Lake Area Schools Curbside?
Download the Free Meals for Kids App to your cell phone to find free school meals near you.
How it works:
- Download the Free Meals for Kids app to your cell phone.
- Use the app to find the nearest site providing meals and meal packs by GPS.
- Click on the nearby site and use the Meals Updates tab for more details.
- Share the app with friends, neighbors and on social media.
Free Meals for Kids can be downloaded at Apple or Google Play app stores. There are free meal sites across the state at schools, bus stops, libraries, community centers and parks. The app provides location, directions to the site and hours and days of distribution. More sites are added daily.
Even though meals are free for the rest of the school year, we still encourage you to fill out the free/reduced meal application. This helps you cover costs for other activities at Forest Lake Area Schools. In addition, it grants our district access to federal funding to support our schools. The Meal Benefit Application is available online for easy completion and submission.
Good nutrition and learning go hand in hand!
Forest Lake Nutrition Services offers breakfast and lunch at all schools!
The Nutrition Services department is made up of a team of food and nutrition professionals that are dedicated to students' health, well being and their ability to learn. We support learning by promoting healthy habits for lifelong nutrition and fitness practices.
Meals, foods and beverages sold or served at schools meet state and federal requirements which are based on the USDA Dietary Guidelines. We provide students with access to a variety of affordable and appealing foods that meet the health and nutrition needs of students.